We have created our Terms and Policies to make sure that the Internet is an enjoyable experience for everyone.
The following terms apply to all of the goods, products or services of any kind that we provide including any of our web sites and anything else we do.
Your use of any of our web sites or services may also be subject to separate terms which include service or product descriptions and pricing plans, instructions, policies or guidelines related to a particular web site or service you are using. These separate terms are available on our web sites and you can find separate terms for some of our more popular services listed below.
"Fees" means the fees payable for Products or Services as displayed on this Website from time to time.
"Intellectual Property" includes the design of, and all content appearing on this Website, trade marks (including logos), domain names, copyright, rights in computer software, databases and lists, confidential information, know-how and trade secrets and manuals, whether registered or unregistered.
"Organisation" means an organisation on behalf of whom has access, or use, of this Website is made.
"Products" means the products you may obtain through this Website from time to time.
"Services" means the services you may obtain through this Website from time to time.
"User name" means a form of identification a user or Organisation of this Website may use, together with a password, to gain access to certain parts of this Website and certain information on this Website, which is accessible only by that user or Organisation.
any person who accesses and uses this Website; and
where an individual accesses or uses this Website for or on behalf of an Organisation, the Organisation for on whose behalf such access or use is made.
References to "your" have a corresponding meaning.
Where the context permits, references to a "person" include an individual, firm, company, corporation or unincorporated body of persons, any public, federal, state, territorial or regional authority, any government, and any agency of any government or of any such authority.
2. Authority to Bind Organisation
3. Right to Use Website and Content
You may access, view and print the content on this Website provided you use that content only for informational and non-commercial purposes.
4. Purchase of Products and Services
If you wish to purchase any Products or Services directly through this Website or make any other payments to HHM through this Website, you will be required to agree to, and comply with the HHM terms and conditions of sale relating to such Products or Services and the HHM Payment Terms.
If you purchase any Products or Services through this Website, you will pay all Fees payable for any Products or Services at the time your request for those Products or Services is accepted by HHM. HHM reserves the right to amend any Fees from time to time and to adjust any Fees recorded on this Website if the Fees recorded are incorrect.
All payments for Products or Services through this Website are to be made in advance by credit card. HHM may contact you directly to confirm your credit card details. All Fees are in New Zealand dollars and will have stated as to whether they are inclusive or exclusive of GST (being tax levied in accordance with the Goods and Services Tax Act 1985 and includes tax levied in substitution for such tax). You will pay all other applicable taxes, import duties, levies or tariffs which may be payable (if any).
5. Booking Accommodation
By booking accommodation online through www.heritagehotels.co.nz you (“the Customer”) agree to the following terms and conditions:
5.1 Cancellation Policy for Best Available and Package Accommodation
- No cancellation fee is payable on reservations cancelled up to 2pm, 1 day prior to arrival. For the Heritage Christchurch this is up to 2pm, 2 days prior to arrival.
- A cancellation fee equal to the value of the first night’s accommodation will be charged for cancellations received after 2pm, 1 day prior to arrival. For the Heritage Christchurch this is after 2pm, 2 days prior to arrival. A no show fee equal to the value of the first night’s accommodation will be charged for accommodation not taken up and where no cancellation is received after 2pm, 1 day prior to arrival. For the Heritage Christchurch this is after 2pm, 2 days prior to arrival.
- In the event of non-payment, the hotel reserves the right to charge the guarantor's credit card (supplied at the time of reservation).
5.2 Payment & Cancellation Policy for Advance Purchase or Non-Flexible Accommodation
- Your Credit Card will be charged at the time of reservation. By taking advantage of an Advance Purchase rate you will not incur a 1.5% processing fee on your accommodation.
- No cancellations are permitted and refunds will not be given for accommodation reserved under these categories.
5.3 Payment & Guarantee Policy for all other Rates and Packages
- All reservations must be guaranteed with a valid credit card at the time of reservation.
- The credit card provided is used to guarantee the reservation only. Payment will not be taken from the card unless required under the terms of the Cancellation policy of your reservation.
- Guests are required to provide a security deposit at check-in by credit card or cash, to guarantee payment of any incidental charges. This may be in the form of a credit card authorisation, or a refundable deposit made in cash or by debit card charge. Cheques are not accepted.
- The Hotel reserves the right to cancel your reservation if you are unable to comply with this policy. The hotel reserves the right to waive the bond requirement at its discretion.
- A charge of 1.5% will be applied to all credit card payments made at the Hotel. This affects Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express and Diners Club. Debit cards will not be charged unless the card is not available at the time of payment. Payments by cash or EFTPOS do not incur transaction fees. You are entitled to change your payment method on check-out to cash or EFTPOS to avoid these fees.
- If accommodation has been reserved on the Best Available or Package categories, then reservations may be amended up to 24 hours prior to the day of arrival.
- If accommodation has been reserved on the Advance Purchase or Non-Flexible category then amendments are permitted, but incur an amendment fee of $25 per room amended, plus any additional room rate costs of the date, the reservation is moved to. If multiple rooms are booked, then the amendment fee would be applied for each room booked, at the discretion of the Hotel Manager. The additional room rate costs will be based on the current Best Available Rate for the new date. If the new date has a lower Best Available Rate than the price initially paid, no price reduction will be made from the original reservation price and no part refund is available.
- Rates are not guaranteed when making amendments to existing reservations.
5.5 Arrival and Departure
- Check-in time is from 2 pm.
- If you require an earlier check-in please advise reservations at the time of your reservation, although we do not guarantee early arrivals we will endeavour to offer a suitable room if available. Please advise your approximate arrival time when making your reservation.
- Photo ID must be produced upon check-in to verify Reservations.
- To guarantee early check in, please book your room to include the night before you arrive and you will be billed accordingly.
- Check-out time is before 10 am.
- Late checkouts are not guaranteed and must be pre-arranged.
- If you would like a late check-out, please request it from reception at the time you check in. A charge may apply subject to the availability of the hotel.
- Late check-out is at the discretion of reception staff.
- In busy times the hotel reserves the right to charge a late departure fee. This is based on an hourly charge.
- A full nights charge will be applied if you extend your departure beyond 2pm for CityLife Wellington, Heritage Hanmer Springs and Heritage Christchurch, and beyond 4pm for Heritage Auckland, CityLife Auckland and Rutherford Nelson.
- Late check-out at the Heritage Queenstown is subject to availability. Please check with hotel reception upon arrival.
5.6 Child Policy
- Children under 14 years of age, stay Free of Charge with an accompanying adult in the same room and using existing bedding.
- Children under 14 years eat Breakfast Free of Charge on Weekends and School Holidays (1 child per paying adult).
- Persons under the age of 18 years may not occupy a room on their own unless accompanied by parents or legal guardian staying in a separate room that have given permission and accept full and final responsibility.
- Family Packages referred to on this site mean 2 adults and 2 children up to the age of 14 years
- All rates are 'room only' unless otherwise stated. 'Breakfast included' rates mean full cooked breakfasts unless otherwise stated. Persons not included in the original reservation will be charged at the full retail rate per person.
- Reservations for dates that fall into 'Special Event' periods, where the hotel expects a high level of demand, such as sporting events, concerts, or conferences, no discounts will apply. Rates are set according to demand and are subject to availability.
- All rates are subject to change.
- Rates are inclusive of 15% GST.
- Car Parking charges apply at the following hotels, Heritage Auckland, CityLife Auckland, CityLife Wellington, Rutherford Nelson and Heritage Christchurch. Complimentary car parking is available at Heritage Hanmer Springs and Heritage Queenstown.
- Smoking is not permitted in the guest rooms or public areas within the hotel buildings. Should you and/or your guests smoke in a room a cleaning fee will apply. You will also be responsible for any costs, damage, or liability arising as a result of smoking and/or any smoke detectors being activated by you. Should you wish to smoke during your stay please use the relevant designated outside smoking areas.
- No animals are permitted except for working assistance dogs (Guide and Hearing Assistance dogs only).
- We reserve the right to limit the number of people in any one room. Unless it has been previously communicated and agreed in writing by Hotel Management we operate a “no party” policy. We also reserve the right to remove people from rooms if noise levels exceed acceptable levels and are reducing the enjoyment levels of other guests.
- Any damage to the room or property may be charged to the credit card provided, or billed to the guest and may include loss of income if applicable.
- The hotel accepts no responsibility to amend your reservation due to transport delays/closures/cancellations. i.e. airport, ferry, or road closures due to bad weather. The onus is on you to contact the hotel to avoid the above penalty fees.
- The terms and conditions on this website override any third party arrangements at the discretion of hotel management.
- We operate a secure data network. The online reservation process is secured using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. This is to prevent anyone from intercepting your credit card details during transmission via the Internet. Your credit card details will never be sent in an email or transmitted by any means other than SSL.
- You may be asked to produce proof of your Identity in order to check-in. This is in the interests of safety and security of our hotel and guests.
- The rates displayed on this website are non-commissionable to registered travel agents.
5.8 Non Payment
In the event of non-payment of any monies owed not paid in accordance with the above terms and conditions after departure the signatory of the registration card (legally binding contract), or otherwise contracted person shall pay any amounts due plus interest on monies owed from the due date until actual payment. The contracted person also pays all costs, court costs and collection fees incurred by Heritage in enforcing its rights.
6. Additional Terms
7. Your Responsibilities Regarding the Use of the Website
You agree to use this Website only for the purpose for which it is being provided. You agree not to use this Website for any improper, injurious, offensive or unlawful purposes. You agree not to damage or disrupt this Website.
You are responsible for making your own assessment of the suitability of this Website and the Products, Services and information available from this Website, for achieving your purposes.
You are responsible for any actions you take based on Products, Services or information obtained through this Website, and all outcomes resulting from your use of those Products, Services or information.
You are responsible for providing all technology, hardware, software and telecommunication facilities in order to access and use this Website.
8. Intellectual Property
All Intellectual Property on this Website is owned by HHM, or content suppliers for HHM. No part of this Website may be:
distributed or copied for any commercial purpose, nor incorporated in any other work or publication (whether in hard copy, electronic or any other form); or
resold, published, copied, reproduced, transmitted or stored (including in any other website or other electronic form) except that you may print, or download to your hard drive, extracts from the Website only for informational and non-commercial purposes use,
without express prior written permission of HHM or, in the case of content owned by a HHM partner or content suppliers for HHM, the relevant HHM partner or content supplier's express prior written consent.
HHM has endeavoured to ensure the content published or displayed on this Website is accurate. However, such content should not be attributed to HHM and the views expressed on this Website may not necessarily reflect the views of HHM. The placement of any advertisements on this Website does not constitute the recommendation or endorsement of the advertisement by HHM.
Although HHM has endeavoured to ensure the content on this Website is current, accurate and complete, HHM does not guarantee that such content will be current, accurate or complete when you access it. HHM will take action, within a reasonable period of time, to correct any error or inaccuracy which is brought to the attention of HHM.
The information provided on this Website is for general guidance only. Users of the information contained on this Website must make their own assessment of the suitability and appropriateness of the Products, Services and information for their particular use. Hotel rooms may differ from actual image shown. Configurations may be different depending on room location. Not all rooms have balconies or scenic views.
11. All Liability Excluded
To the extent permitted by law:
all warranties, representations and guarantees (whether express, implied or statutory) are excluded, including without limit, suitability, fitness for purpose, accuracy or completeness of this Website or the content on, or accessed through, it, or any Products or Services obtained from the Website; HHM will not be liable for any damage, loss or expenses, or indirect losses or consequential damages of any kind, suffered or incurred by you in connection with your access to or use of this Website, or the content on, or accessed through, this Website; and
HHM will not be liable for any damage, loss or expenses, or indirect losses or consequential damages of any kind, suffered or incurred by you in connection with any Products or Services obtained from this Website.
If the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 applies, you may have rights or remedies which are not excluded or limited by the above. If you are using this Website or its content for business purposes, the above exclusions and limits will apply and the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply.
If you wish to link to any part of this Website, you must obtain the prior written consent of HHM. HHM reserves the right to prohibit links to this Website and you agree to remove or cease any link upon request from HHM. You may not frame any part of the material on this Website by including advertising or other revenue generating material.
14. Third Party Websites
This Website may contain links to third party websites. These websites have not been prepared by and are not controlled by HHM. They are provided for your convenience only, and do not imply that HHM checks, endorses, approves or agrees with third party websites this Website links to. To the extent permitted by law, HHM has no liability in respect of any third party websites this Website links to.
15. Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to the hotels owned and managed by the Heritage Hotel Management Limited including Heritage Hotels, City Life and the Heritage Boutique Hotels (Heritage). It explains how we use the personal information we collect from you.
15.1 What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you book and use a hotel room or purchase goods or services from us, and when you use our web site. We also collect information when you enter competitions or provide feedback to us on the service we have provided to you.
15.2 How will we use the information about you?
We use the information we collect from you so that we may provide you with hotel accommodation, meals and other goods and services. We may also use the information we have collected to send you communications about our hotels and special offers. We also use the information to help us develop our services and best serve you.
15.3 Who do we share your information with?
Heritage does not share or sell your personal information to other companies but does use other companies to process your personal information on Heritage’s behalf. Some of those companies may be based outside of New Zealand.
Heritage takes its responsibility for securing your personal information seriously. We ensure that those companies who help process the information we have collected from you also meet the standards we apply to securing your information.
15.5 Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of your information.
Should the information we hold about you be incorrect, you may request we correct or delete that information.
15.6 Changes to our Privacy Notice
Heritage regularly reviews our Privacy Notice and as a result may amend it. Any updated Privacy Notice will continue to be available on this page.
The Heritage Privacy Notice was last amended on September 9, 2014.
HHM may use "cookies" to provide you with access to tailored information and services on this Website, and to serve you better when you return to it. A cookie is a small data file that the Website sends to your browser, which may then store it on your system for later retrieval by the Website. Cookies track your movements through different websites; they do not record any other personal information about you. Cookies are widely used on websites to help with navigation and to help personalise your experience when you visit a website.
HHM may use non-personalised statistics about the use of this Website to continually improve it and improve customer service. These statistics do not comprise personal information.
17. Compliance with Law
You agree that you will at all times comply fully with all relevant laws, ordinances, rules, regulations and orders of all relevant regulatory bodies in relation to any of the Products, Services or information made available to you through this Website.
19. Jurisdiction and Governing Law
20. Contacting Us