- About Heritage
Known as New Zealand's Garden City, Christchurch is regarded as the most British of all New Zealand cities. From the winding Avon River, Christchurch skips to its own unique tune, and does so in style. Take a short drive from the city centre to the beaches at Brighton or just enjoy a fine selection of local fare or visit the Re:Start Mall. Christchurch is the perfect base for a skiing trip to Mt Hutt or to catch the Trans-alpine express for the train journey of a lifetime.
Things to do:
- Visit Orana Wildlife Park
- Ski nearby Mt Hutt
- Take a drive to the historic french settlement of Akaroa
- Go punting on the Avon River
- Play golf at Clearwater Resort
- Enjoy a casual harbour cruise
- Take a trip to the International Antarctic Centre
- Relax in the surrounds of Mona Vale Gardens
- Visit the Air Force Museum (near the wineries in Waipara)
- Board the Trans-Alpine Express for the West Coast.